– Excess melanin causing age spots, sun spots, liver spots and freckles.
– This laser selectively targets melanin in unwanted spots and breaks it down while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
The melanin is naturally cleared from the body once it has been broken down into small particles by the laser.
– This laser's energy is delivered in a more uniform way than older lasers, and therefore avoids creating hot spots which can scar the skin or damage the original pigment.
Brown spots that were incompletely removed by another laser may yield to the AlexTriVantage.
– This laser causes less discomfort than earlier lasers, the sensation of the AlexTriVantage pulse has been described as warm static electricity.
– There may be mild swelling and then a darkening of the pigment for a few days.
A thin crust may form on the surface of the treated area.
– The brown spots will initially darken and look worse before the pigment breaks up and the treated area begins to lighten.
This can take up to 2 weeks.
– Face, hands and décolletage.
– Depends on the size of the treatment area, but typically 30 minutes or less.
– Dr. Overman strongly encourages patients to use the Obagi Condition and Enhance System to maintain the brown-spot-free result.
– Brown spots often vanish after just one treatment, but deeper or more heavily pigmented spots may require more treatment, usually two treatments are the maximum needed.
|10 spots or less
|Each spot after the first ten
Before Your Laser Appointment