Dr. Overman encourages her patients to apply a topical anesthetic 30 minutes before treatment with fillers.
It is not necessary to do this before treatment with Botox or Dysport.
Please ask for a prescription for EMLA when you schedule your appointment.
The following medications increase bruising and should be avoided unless you were asked to take them by your doctor.
Do not stop any medication without checking with your doctor.
Dr. Overman has noted reduced bruising with the following products, which can be used in combination:
- Aspirin should be avoided for 3 weeks before treatment.
- NSAIDS (Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen, Aleve, naproxen and others) should be avoided within 24 hours before treatment.
Tylenol does not thin the blood and will not cause bruising.
- Multivitamins which contain vitamin E and vitamin E itself should be avoided in the week before injection.
- Vitamin K cream applied twice-a-day for the two days preceeding treatment and on the morning of treatment.
Vitamin K cream can be purchased on Amazon.
- Arnica Montana tablets four-times-a-day for the two days preceeding treatment and on the day of treatment.
Arnica Montana tablets can be purchased on Amazon.
- Arnica Montana gel twice-a-day starting after treatment.
Arnica Montana gel can be purchased on Amazon.
Special event timing
Wedding, reunion or other special event in your future?
Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks after treatment to enjoy the full effect of Dysport or Botox.
The effect of fillers is immediate, although you may want to allow some lead-time in case of minor side effects.
Forms to Print, Read and Complete Before Your Appointment
Please download, print, and fill out these forms BEFORE coming to your appointment.
This will allow us to spend more time on discussing and applying your treatment.